Re: [BEAM-6077] FlinkRunner: Make UnboundedSource state re-scale friendly

Hi Jozef,

I responded on JIRA today before I saw your mail here.

The splitting of the UnboundedSource is performed during translation of the Beam pipeline. It think it would be feasible to use Flink's maximum parallelism instead of the configured parallelism. That would enable to increase the parallelism at a later point in time.

Another option would be to split the sources again when scaling up; I'm not sure whether that would work for all sources. Scaling down should be easy because the wrapper supports reading from multiple sources.

Cheers,
Max