Bay Area Apache Beam Kickoff!

We have our first meetup scheduled for December 12th in San Francisco.

Andrew Pilloud, a software engineer at Google and Beam committer, will demo the latest feature in Beam SQL: a standalone SQL shell. The talk cover why SQL is a good fit for streaming data processing, the technical details of the Beam SQL engine, and a peek into our future plans.

Kenn Knowles, a founding PMC Member and incoming PMC Chair for the Apache Beam project, as well as computer scientist and engineer at Google will share about all things Beam. Where it is, where its been, where its going.

For those in/around town (or that can be) come join in the fun!