Re: [PROPOSAL] Prepare Beam 2.9.0 release

On Fri, Nov 16, 2018 at 8:02 PM Ahmet Altay <altay@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Fri, Nov 16, 2018 at 6:25 PM, Thomas Weise <thw@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Thu, Nov 15, 2018 at 10:53 PM Charles Chen <ccy@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Since it is for the release I would prefer this to be done in the release branch, and not in master.

Do we have a plan to resolve this issue in the master? It is additional work to do this while doing releases.

The discussion thread above has latest for this. It does not look like it will be resolved in time, but we also need the functionality to exist in master.

Revert in the release branch should be less work. In master, you would first need to revert and then revert that revert, which would be unnecessary noise.