osdir.com

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: :beam-sdks-java-io-hadoop-input-format:test task issues


Would this be correct? I want to run it as part of presubmit. I updated libjffi-jni as well, with apt-get. Still encountering the same issue.
https://gradle.com/s/wlaql5cxpb3lk

./gradlew :javaPreCommit --stacktrace --scan  -Dcom.datastax.driver.USE_NATIVE_CLOCK=false

On Mon, Nov 5, 2018 at 9:37 AM Alexey Romanenko <aromanenko.dev@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Alex, could you check and update (if necessary) the package "libjffi-jni” on your system? 
Other potential workaround could be to try to run it with “ -Dcom.datastax.driver.USE_NATIVE_CLOCK=false"

On 31 Oct 2018, at 23:40, Kenneth Knowles <klk@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

If I am reading it right, the segfault is not in the Java compiler, but in the method https://docs.datastax.com/en/drivers/java/2.1/com/datastax/driver/core/Native.html#isGettimeofdayAvailable-- called when HIFIO is testing with embedded Cassandra.

Kenn

On Wed, Oct 31, 2018 at 2:59 PM Alex Amato <ajamato@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Personally, I don't care too much if there is a test which fails often. I would just like to track these tests and have some test target I can run locally which will run most of the tests.

So if this can't be easily fixed, If we could have a separate gradle target where we blacklist a few problem tests, that would help productivity a lot. Then you could rely on that target for running locally, and rely jenkins to run the rest in your PR.

On Wed, Oct 31, 2018 at 1:07 PM Ruoyun Huang <ruoyun@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
+1 to have inputs regarding this failure Alex raised. 

javaPreCommit never worked on my local machine in past a few weeks.  This hadoop build target has been the main issue. 

On Tue, Oct 30, 2018 at 5:31 PM Alex Amato <ajamato@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,

I keep encountering issues with the precommit process, and this particular test seems to keep failing.

:beam-sdks-java-io-hadoop-input-format:test

Sometimes it fails with SIGSEGV errors in the java compiler (attached log).

I disabled the gradle daemon, which got me past some OOMing issues. I was wondering if there is some other steps that I need to do in order to get a more consistent testing experience. Any other advice?

I also had a very different failure another run. build_scan link. This was more vague, mentioning just a possible "test process configuration" issue.

./gradlew --version
------------------------------------------------------------
Gradle 4.10.2
------------------------------------------------------------

Build time:   2018-09-19 18:10:15 UTC
Revision:     b4d8d5d170bb4ba516e88d7fe5647e2323d791dd

Kotlin DSL:   1.0-rc-6
Kotlin:       1.2.61
Groovy:       2.4.15
Ant:          Apache Ant(TM) version 1.9.11 compiled on March 23 2018
JVM:          1.8.0_161-google-v7 (Oracle Corporation 25.161-b01)
OS:           Linux 4.17.0-3rodete2-amd64 amd64


Thanks for taking a look,
Alex



--
================
Ruoyun  Huang