Re: Design review for supporting AutoValue Coders and conversions to Row

On Mon, Nov 12, 2018 at 11:38 PM Jeff Klukas <jklukas@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Reuven - A SchemaProvider makes sense. It's not clear to me, though, whether that's more limited than a Coder. Do all values of the schema have to be simple types, or does Beam SQL support nested schemas?

Nested schemas, collection types (lists and maps), and collections of nested types are all supported.

Put another way, would a user be able to create an AutoValue class comprised of simple types and then use that as a field inside another AutoValue class? I can see how that's possible with Coders, but not clear whether that's possible with Row schemas.

Yes, this is explicitly supported.