Re: Design review for supporting AutoValue Coders and conversions to Row

Hi Jeff,

I would suggest a slightly different approach. Instead of generating a coder, writing a SchemaProvider that generates a schema for AutoValue. Once a PCollection has a schema, a coder is not needed (as Beam knows how to encode any type with a schema), and it will work seamlessly with Beam SQL (in fact you don't need to write a transform to turn it into a Row if a schema is registered).

We already do this for POJOs and basic JavaBeans. I'm happy to help do this for AutoValue.

Reuven