Re: BEAM-6018: memory leak in thread pool instantiation

My thought was to use 1 executor per GcsUtil instance (or 1 per process as you suggest), with a possible performance hit since I don't know how often these batch copy and remove operations are called.
The other option is to leave things as they mostly are, and only remove the call to getExitingExecutorService.

Both options risk delaying worker shutdown if the executor's shutdown() hasn't been called, which is I guess why the executor in GcsOptions.java creates daemon threads.