Re: Evolving a Coder for an added field

I think we'll want to allow upgrades across SDK versions. A runner
should be able to recognize when a coder (or any other aspect of the
pipeline) has changed and adapt/reject accordingly. (Until we remove
coders from sources/sinks, there's also possibly the expectation that
one should be able to read data from a source written with that same
coder across versions as well.)

I think it really comes down to how coders are named. If we decide to
let coders change arbitrarily between versions, probably the URN for
SerializedJavaCoder should have the SDK version number in it. Coders
that are stable across SDKs can have better, more stable URNs defined
and registered.

I am more OK with changing the registry to infer different coders as
the SDK evolves (which would be detected and manually overwritten with
the old ones, on a case-by-case basis, if they still exist). This
should still be done with caution as it will make upgrading harder.
Highly composite, experimental coders should possibly be designed in
an intrinsically extensible way.