Re: What is required for LTS releases? (was: [PROPOSAL] Prepare Beam 2.8.0 release)

Indeed, that's a vary good signal.

I propose we start with the 2.7 branch (which has been out in the wild
for a bit and seems pretty stable), supported for 6 months (from
now?). We should gather a list of issues, if any, that merit
backporting.