Re: What is required for LTS releases? (was: [PROPOSAL] Prepare Beam 2.8.0 release)

Twitter vote concluded with 52 votes with the following results:
- 52% Stable LTS releases
- 46% Upgrade to latest release
- 2% Keep using older releases

This reads like another supporting evidence for making LTS releases. In the light of this, what do you all think about Kenn's proposal of making existing branch an LTS branch?