Re: [DISCUSS] Gradle for the build ?

I agree with the points made that our Gradle configuration is too complicated (learning Groovy and BeamModulePlugin come to mind).

But I mainly write for Python SDK, and I've done experiments in the past with Bazel builds, which was a much better fit for Python as an incremental and parallel build and test system.