Re: [DISCUSS] - Separate JIRA notifications to a new mailing list

+1

I've suggested the same. Canonical.

On Thu, Oct 11, 2018, 06:19 Thomas Weise <thw@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
+1

On Thu, Oct 11, 2018 at 6:18 AM Etienne Chauchot <echauchot@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
+1 for me also, my gmail filters list is kind of overflowed :)

Etienne

Le jeudi 11 octobre 2018 à 14:44 +0200, Robert Bradshaw a écrit :
Huge +1 from me too.
On Thu, Oct 11, 2018 at 2:42 PM Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

+1

We are doing the same in Karaf as well.

Regards
JB

Hi all,

Apologies in advance if this has already been discussed (and rejected).
I was wondering if it would be a good idea to create a new mailing list
and divert the JIRA notifications to it? Currently
"commits@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:commits@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>" receives both
the git and JIRA notifications, and has a huge volume of traffic as a
result.

Separating JIRA notifications from commit messages would allow users to
subscribe to whichever are of interest without having to write a mail
filter if e.g. they are not interested in JIRA notifications. It also
seems a bit unintuitive to me to expect JIRA notifications to go to an
email list called "commits".

As a reference point - Apache CXF maintains a "commits" list for git
notifications and "issues" for JIRA notifications:

Thanks!

Colm.

--
Colm O hEigeartaigh