[DISCUSS] - Separate JIRA notifications to a new mailing list

Hi all,

Apologies in advance if this has already been discussed (and rejected). I was wondering if it would be a good idea to create a new mailing list and divert the JIRA notifications to it? Currently "commits@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" receives both the git and JIRA notifications, and has a huge volume of traffic as a result.

Separating JIRA notifications from commit messages would allow users to subscribe to whichever are of interest without having to write a mail filter if e.g. they are not interested in JIRA notifications. It also seems a bit unintuitive to me to expect JIRA notifications to go to an email list called "commits".

As a reference point - Apache CXF maintains a "commits" list for git notifications and "issues" for JIRA notifications:

Thanks!

Colm.

--
Colm O hEigeartaigh