Re: Monitoring Url

IMO Beam would greatly benefit from having a monitoring UI. Individual runners (Spark, Dataflow) have their own UI's, which could be exposed through an API as you suggest.

I also think there would be value in having a Beam-centric monitoring UI which focuses on concepts in the Beam model (PTransforms/PCollections, windows/triggers, bundles, metrics, state/timers, etc.) Dataflow's UI is pretty good, but I believe most users develop and debug locally (i.e. DirectRunner) before submitting to a cluster.