Monitoring Url

Hello,

I am interested in exposing a monitoring url through the PipelineResult object. All of the documentation pages in the runners tab of beam.apache.org have a section dedicated to ‘Monitoring your job’ and most of those reference a web interface. If we were able to get a link to this web interface, we would be able to lead non-technical users of our application to a place where they can get some understanding of the progress of the job.

An example of this in the SparkPipelineResult would be returning the value of the javaSparkContext.sc().uiWebUrl().get(). I haven’t looked into other runners but if most of them have web interfaces it would make sense that they would be able to programmatically get a url to that web interface.

Looking for feedback on if this would be accepted and ways this can be accomplished in other runners.

Thanks,

Kyle Winkelman