osdir.com


[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [PROPOSAL] Prepare Beam 2.7.0 release


Making steady progress, but there is an issue compiling with Protobuf for Python which I am investigating right now.

On Wed, Sep 5, 2018 at 11:13 PM Charles Chen <ccy@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Thanks!  I talked to Boyuan who indicated that this may be an issue specific to the JVM version I am running, since she saw a similar issue while performing the 2.5.0 release.  Next step on my end is to set up another machine with a different JVM version to run these steps.

On Wed, Sep 5, 2018 at 3:03 AM Alexey Romanenko <aromanenko.dev@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Charles,
Does it happen when you run this task separately or as a part of the whole project build? I run it independently and don’t see any issues on my side. Also, I don’t remember that it failed on Jenkins recently. So, probably this segfault is not related to exactly this task.

On 5 Sep 2018, at 06:46, Charles Chen <ccy@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I attempted to cut the 2.7.0 RC1 today, but encountered an issue where the JVM consistently segfaulted at the :beam-sdks-java-io-hadoop-input-format:test task.  I will investigate further tomorrow.  Let me know if this anyone knows of this issue and has any insight.

On Wed, Aug 29, 2018 at 12:21 PM Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
It sounds good to me. I'm late on my PRs, but not release blocker
anyway. I will wait the next release cycle ;)

Regards
JB

On 29/08/2018 21:18, Charles Chen wrote:
> I have cut the release branch for 2.7.0, since there continue to be no
> blockers listed in JIRA.  I will build the first release candidate soon.
>
> On Mon, Aug 27, 2018 at 10:38 PM Charles Chen <ccy@xxxxxxxxxx
> <mailto:ccy@xxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
>
>     Hey everyone, I want to highlight again to those who missed it that
>     if you are aware of any 2.7.0 release blockers, you should add it as
>     a blocker in JIRA with a target version of 2.7.0.  It is very
>     helpful to know this information in advance.  As of right now, there
>     are no such blockers listed in JIRA, and I will be cutting the
>     release branch on Wednesday 8/29.
>
>     Best,
>     Charles
>
>     On Fri, Aug 24, 2018 at 2:38 PM Charles Chen <ccy@xxxxxxxxxx
>     <mailto:ccy@xxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
>
>         Thanks everyone.  Again, we will proceed with the initial
>         release cut on August 29.
>
>         A reminder to please tag any blocking issues as "Priority:
>         Blocker" and "Fix version: 2.7.0" in JIRA.  We recently
>         resolved https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BEAM-5180, and
>         there are no other blocking bugs at the moment.
>
>         On Thu, Aug 23, 2018 at 8:19 PM Griselda Cuevas <gris@xxxxxxxxxx
>         <mailto:gris@xxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
>
>             +1 Thanks for volunteering and keeping us in schedule! 
>
>
>
>
>             On Thu, 23 Aug 2018 at 11:58, Udi Meiri <ehudm@xxxxxxxxxx
>             <mailto:ehudm@xxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
>
>                 +1
>
>                 On Mon, Aug 20, 2018 at 3:33 PM Boyuan Zhang
>                 <boyuanz@xxxxxxxxxx <mailto:boyuanz@xxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
>
>                     +1
>                     Thanks for volunteering, Charles!
>
>                     On Mon, Aug 20, 2018 at 3:22 PM Rafael Fernandez
>                     <rfernand@xxxxxxxxxx <mailto:rfernand@xxxxxxxxxx>>
>                     wrote:
>
>                         +1, thanks for volunteering, Charles!
>
>                         On Mon, Aug 20, 2018 at 12:09 PM Charles Chen
>                         <ccy@xxxxxxxxxx <mailto:ccy@xxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
>
>                             Thank you Andrew for pointing out my
>                             mistake.  We should follow the calendar and
>                             aim to cut on 8/29, not 9/7 as I incorrectly
>                             wrote earlier.
>
>                             On Mon, Aug 20, 2018 at 12:02 PM Andrew
>                             Pilloud <apilloud@xxxxxxxxxx
>                             <mailto:apilloud@xxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
>
>                                 +1 Thanks for volunteering! The calendar
>                                 I have puts the cut date at August 29th,
>                                 which looks to be 6 weeks from when
>                                 2.6.0 was cut. Do I have the wrong calendar?
>
>                                 See:
>                                 https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src="">
>
>                                 Andrew
>
>                                 On Mon, Aug 20, 2018 at 11:43 AM Connell
>                                 O'Callaghan <
connello@xxxxxxxxxx
>                                 <mailto:connello@xxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
>
>                                     +1 Charles thank you for taking this
>                                     up and helping us maintain this
>                                     schedule. 
>
>                                     On Mon, Aug 20, 2018 at 11:29 AM
>                                     Charles Chen <ccy@xxxxxxxxxx
>                                     <mailto:ccy@xxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
>
>                                         Hey everyone,
>
>                                         Our release calendar indicates
>                                         that the process for the 2.7.0
>                                         Beam release should start on
>                                         September 7.
>
>                                         I volunteer to perform this
>                                         release and propose the
>                                         following schedule:
>
>                                           * We start triaging issues in
>                                             JIRA this week.
>                                           * I will cut the initial 2.7.0
>                                             release branch on September 7.
>                                           * After September 7, any
>                                             blockers will need to be
>                                             manually cherry-picked into
>                                             the release branch.
>                                           * After tests pass and
>                                             blockers are fully
>                                             addressed, I will move on
>                                             and perform other release tasks.
>
>                                         What do you think?
>
>                                         Best,
>                                         Charles
>

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@xxxxxxxxxx
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com