Re: [QUESTION] retrial in sources by the runners

Runners are responsible for retry semantics, they should catch the failure and choose whether they want to retry or not. I think your reading of the code is correct.

Some I/O layers do retry but that is more about attempting to continue processing within a bundle instead of failing and having the runner choose to retry the bundle or not.