Re: Accessing attempted metrics from within a DoFn

Robin,

I asked myself the same thing, and indeed there is no way of accessing the metrics from within the pipeline itself. The only access you can have is directly to the MetricCell like that (1) but it is runner facing, it is not user facing, so not helping for your test.
So I agree with you: such a job handler would be useful.

[1] https://github.com/apache/beam/blob/6497b0b24888178441f05d79ab101dc40760388b/runners/core-java/src/main/java/org/apache/beam/runners/core/LateDataUtils.java#L95

Best,
Etienne