[Proposal] Apache Beam's Public Project Roadmap

Hi Beam Community,

I'd like to propose the creation of a Public Project Roadmap. Here are the details as well as some artifacts I started already.

---------------------------------------------------_____________-----------

Proposal

What?

Create a simple spreadsheet-based project roadmap to generate an overview of all the efforts driven by different members of the community. I propose doing something like this tracker I put together [1].

Why?

The ultimate purpose of this roadmap is to create a tool and method to make our project more transparent and efficient. It will help us map dependencies, identify collaboration areas and communicate future releases to users more clearly.

How?

We could update the current status of the roadmap every three months (quarter), following these guidelines and timeline [2].

Thanks!

[1]https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1W6xvPmGyG8Nd9R7wkwgwRJvZdyLoBg6F3NCrPafbKmk/edit#gid=0

[2]https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jzASbp_5GrZdsF5YXau-MPh_v0jW6egJwL_Pyac5zeE/edit#heading=h.6dyyhz5krl9v