[DISCUSS] [BEAM-4126] Deleting Maven build files (pom.xml) grace period?

Note: Apache Beam will still provide pom.xml for each release it produces. This is only about people using Maven to build Apache Beam themselves and not relying on the released artifacts in Maven Central.

With the first release using Gradle as the build system is underway, I wanted to start this thread to remind people that we are going to delete the Maven pom.xml files after the 2.5.0 release is finalized plus a two week grace period.

Are there others who would like a shorter/longer grace period?

The PR to delete the pom.xml is here: https://github.com/apache/beam/pull/5571