Re: Sorting in runners

Thanks!

I will try to figure why GSC is disallowed and share it if I find anything.

-Rui

On Tue, Aug 7, 2018 at 12:00 PM Lukasz Cwik <lcwik@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
IMO, going with SortValues is the right way to go. The idea is that runners can always replace the SortValues PTransform with their own optimized variant. As you have already pointed out, the default inmemory implementation has strict limitations.

I would suggest going with the inmemory version to unblock yourself and doing some more digging to figure out why GCS was disallowed explicitly, and possibly answers to your disk provisioning questions.