Re: Runner agnostic Metrics

The JIRA is https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BEAM-3310
Here is the link to the discussion thread on the dev ML: https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/01a80d62f2df6b84bfa41f05e15fda900178f882877c294fed8be91e@%3Cdev.beam.apache.org%3E

Feel free to reach back out with any questions based on what you read above.

On Wed, Aug 1, 2018 at 7:45 AM Jozef Vilcek <jozo.vilcek@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,

I would like to ask about Beam's runner agnostic metrics I found in 2.5.0 release notes.

I am considering to abandon Flink specific reporter in favour of this one, but when looking at code, it seems feature is not fully integrated. Here:

I noticed comment:
   // no metricsPusher because metrics are not supported in detached mode

Question. Is there a source where I can read and learn about current limitations and plans to solve them. To require attached mode for metrics to work seems to bit fragile to me.

Thanks,
Jozef