Re: Community Examples Repository

For visibility, we can have a link on both the beam.apache.org website and in the core repository's README file.

Regarding testing could be a little trickier. Any unit test should continue to live in the core repository, and the examples from the examples repository could serve as end-to-end tests. This means the examples repository also needs a testing infrastructure, which should be triggerable from the root directory. Having it this way would allow us to have a test in the core repository that clones the examples repository in a temporary directory and runs the tests from there.

This way, users don't need to have the examples as a strict dependency, but developers modifying the core repository will have both (just like it is today).