Re: [SQL] Cross Join Operation

The logical plan should show you where the cross join is needed. Here is where it is logged: https://github.com/apache/beam/blob/master/sdks/java/extensions/sql/src/main/java/org/apache/beam/sdk/extensions/sql/impl/planner/BeamQueryPlanner.java#L150

(It should probably be put to DEBUG level)

If I look at the original template, like https://github.com/gregrahn/tpcds-kit/blob/master/query_templates/query9.tpl I see conditions "[RC.1]". Are those templates expected to be filled with references to the `reason` table, perhaps? How does that change things?

I still think it would be good to support CROSS JOIN if we can - the problem of course is huge data size, but when one side is small it would be good for it to work simply.

Kenn