Re: Tracking what works with portability

On Fri, May 11, 2018 at 11:40 AM Kenneth Knowles <klk@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
This is great. "The Beam Vision in a spreadsheet" and/or what the capability matrix wishes it always had been.

 - I don't know how to interpret the DirectRunner column. Is it that it uses ye olde proto round trip? Another level is that it actually directly links in the SDK harness as a dep and uses the exact code paths (seems like overkill).

Its up to the direct runner here to decide what level of execution is actually done via portability APIs but it is meant to be a single process to ease debugging for users.

 - For runners*SDK pairs that don't have a batch/streaming distinction how about collapsing the columns?

Runners may not have a distinction but the portability framework may require more work from a runner to support a use case. A good example of this is side input readiness checking for streaming pipelines.

 - Anyone have spreadsheet-fu to do a permanent global automatic hyperlinking of BEAM-xxxx?

Kenn