Tracking what works with portability

Hi everyone,

 While the portability framework moves forward, it is often hard to figure out exactly what is supported to work at any given time. There are still many irregularities, TODOs, bugs and small differences between batch and streaming and the portable SDK and runner implementations. For example, the answer to the question "Does Wordcount run portably?" depends on the SDK, Runner and where the output is written.

To this end, I've started a spreadsheet to better track the "swiss cheese" of what works portably:

  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KDa_FGn1ShjomGd-UUDOhuh2q73de2tPz6BqHpzqvNI/edit?usp=sharing

Note that is is a work in progress. The intended audience is for everyone working on or interested in portability. I am hoping we can populate, expand and maintain the information as a community, until the portability framework support is mature enough to allow SDKs and runners to be considered independently.

Comments and suggestions welcome!

Thanks,
 Henning