Re: Rebasing master

Here's the last time we discussed this in 2017:

https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/2dc068da8c5074bd7a2717475fa82abe51b323a2a8fd59529971242c@%3Cdev.arrow.apache.org%3E

We have 3 choices:

1. Lock master during release votes
2. Rebase master after a release closes
3. Release from a branch, and the release commits will not be part of master

So far we've been doing 2. Given the patch volume, I'm not in favor of
locking down the branch for 3+ days. So we can either do 2 or 3.