OK, I will wait for Paul to weigh in on the release and advise on the
path forward. If he doesn't write back in a few days can you reach out
to him directly to point him to this thread?
On Mon, Sep 10, 2018 at 12:38 PM Brian Hulette <hulettbh@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thanks for bringing this up Wes. My hope was to get out an 0.4.0 release
> that just includes the IPC writer and usability improvements relatively
> soon, and push the refactor out to 0.5.0. Paul's refactor is very exciting
> and will definitely be good for the project, but I don't think either of us
> has the time to get it into a release in the short-term. Most of the
> outstanding tasks in 0.4.0  either have PRs up  or are relatively
> minor housekeeping tasks. I'd be fine with merging the currently open PRs
> and wrapping up the housekeeping tasks so we can cut a release, but I
> definitely want to be mindful of Paul's input, since there are almost
> certainly conflicts with the refactor.
>  https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/ARROW/versions/12342901
> On Mon, Sep 10, 2018 at 6:30 AM Wes McKinney <wesmckinn@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > hi folks,
> > Paul was working on some refactoring of internals
> > (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARROW-2828), and that might be
> > the major item on route to the 0.4.0 release, but we might consider
> > making a new release in the meantime. What does everyone think?
> > Thanks
> > Wes