Re: Minimal GCC version

Hello Dimitri,

the minimal GCC version is currently driven by the minimal requirements of conda-forge and the manylinux1 platform tag for Python Wheels. conda-forge is expected to migrate soon to GCC 7+. The manylinux standard will also publish a manylinux2010 tag that will upgrade their minimal GCC requirement to 4.9. Both mentioned tools are used to provide binary Python packages.

Cheers
Uwe