Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] Accept donation of Arrow Ruby bindings

Hi,

Thanks all!

What should I do as the next action?

Is
https://github.com/apache/arrow/pull/1990#issuecomment-388199184 helpful?

Thanks,
--
kou

In <CAJPUwMAFzLL2qPs4rNSywqcTRKfLOw+aaNRxYDQ_+cp89cjKVw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  "[RESULT] [VOTE] Accept donation of Arrow Ruby bindings" on Thu, 17 May 2018 07:41:53 +0900,
  Wes McKinney <wesmckinn@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> With 5 binding +1 votes, the vote passes. Thanks all!
>
> I will work with Kou to finish the IP clearance and merge the pull request
>
> On Wed, May 16, 2018 at 9:46 AM, P. Taylor Goetz <ptgoetz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> +1
>>
>> Iʼve been through IP clearance a few times, and can help if needed.
>>
>> -Taylor
>>
>>> On May 11, 2018, at 6:47 PM, Wes McKinney <wesmckinn@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>>
>>> Dear all,
>>>
>>> Arrow PMC member Kouhei Sutou has developed Ruby bindings to the GLib
>>> C interface for Apache Arrow
>>>
>>> * https://github.com/red-data-tools/red-arrow
>>> * https://github.com/red-data-tools/red-arrow-gpu
>>>
>>> He is proposing to pull these projects into Apache Arrow to develop
>>> them all in the same place
>>>
>>> https://github.com/apache/arrow/pull/1990
>>>
>>> We are proposing to accept this code into the Apache project. If the
>>> vote passes, the PMC and Kou will work together to complete the ASF IP
>>> Clearance process (http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/) and
>>> import the Ruby bindings for inclusion in a future release:
>>>
>>>    [ ] +1 : Accept contribution of Ruby bindings
>>>    [ ]  0 : No opinion
>>>    [ ] -1 : Reject contribution because...
>>>
>>> Here is my vote: +1
>>>
>>> The vote will be open for at least 72 hours.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Wes