RE: Appending to streaming file format

Cool, thanks Antoine.  So this fixes being able to append to FielOutputStream, but it still seems as though appending to an existing streaming table not supported, is that correct?

-----Original Message-----
From: Antoine Pitrou [mailto:antoine@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, May 14, 2018 11:07 AM
To: dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Appending to streaming file format

Le 14/05/2018 à 16:37, Ambalu, Robert a écrit :

> Also, fyi, I opened a ticket last week that append is broken with the FileOutputStream ( unrelated to this email thread )
> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__github.com_apache_arrow_issues_2018&d=DwIDaQ&c=f5Q7ov8zryUUIGT55zpGgw&r=saGHLviPO9fhScNR4CP81xeAZv0qydj6cD5eJs7fZG4&m=ZgeQsCsJAulWVMk4L4bsXJWbCN1YtMAUqQ6iynOE0Sg&s=3a7YI_zxRZTqamGk1orZWoXZpHhHXiEtk5s0q9b3jK4&e=

Sorry, I hadn't seen your ticket (if you have found an actual bug, it's
preferable to directly open a JIRA ticket, FWIW).  But that bug was
actually fixed some time ago:
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__github.com_apache_arrow_pull_1978&d=DwIDaQ&c=f5Q7ov8zryUUIGT55zpGgw&r=saGHLviPO9fhScNR4CP81xeAZv0qydj6cD5eJs7fZG4&m=ZgeQsCsJAulWVMk4L4bsXJWbCN1YtMAUqQ6iynOE0Sg&s=hbQCURO5DwMbpCqEPJ3Ha9Jwr97qrh_k1wzFQ9rqtro&e=

Regards

Antoine.

DISCLAIMER: This e-mail message and any attachments are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is confidential or legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying or other use of this message or its attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and permanently delete this message and any attachments.