Re: spifly changes

Thanks Ray!

It looks good to me except for one thing. This commit
https://svn.apache.org/r1836063 changes the log() method in the base
activator to do nothing. I understand that this is to ensure that the
framework extension has no external dependencies but that log() method is
actually used quite a lot. (Just run find . -name "*.java" | xargs grep
'log(' and you'll find 24 or so references).
I think losing those log messages may not be ideal :)

Being a framework extension you don't want to have any dependencies going
to the outside, but would it be an idea to replace those logging message
with java.util.logging ones?

Best regards,

David