Re: "setup.py test" is being naughty

Local testing works well for a number of unit tests when run from the IDE.
We of course run full suite of tests via docker environment but our own
test classess/modules are run using local python environment. It's the
easiest way to configure local python virtualenv with IntelliJ/Pycharm for
one. You can - in recent version of PyCharm/IntelliJ - have docker python
environment setup, but there are certain downsides of using it
(speed/mounting local volumes with sources etc.).

So I think we should not really discourage running at least some tests
locally. Maybe (if there are not many of those) we could identify the tests
which require the full-blown docker environment and mark them with
skipUnless and only have them executed when we are inside dockerized
environment for unit tests ?

J.

--

*Jarek Potiuk, Principal Software Engineer*
Mobile: +48 660 796 129