Re: [VOTE][RESULT] Replace with Gitter with Slack?

Sid,

Erm, the next line is (emphasis mine) :

PMC members have formally binding votes, but in general community members
are encouraged to vote, even if their votes are *only advisory*.

Again, that's not to say that the community at large cannot decide to host
a Slack channel. I think you are more than welcome to if you want to.

Best,
Arthur