Re: [VOTE][RESULT] Replace with Gitter with Slack?

Why doesn't every vote matter for this topic?
https://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html#binding-votes

Am I misinterpreting the "Who is permitted to vote is, to some extent, a
community-specific thing."?

For the established Apache processes around promoting a contributor to
committer/PMC, deciding on the number of +1s to allow a merge to master, or
voting on releases, I understand the need to follow the binding/non-binding
protocol. In all of those cases, the outcomes affect maintainers.

My understanding is that this topic affects the entire community, where
some members of the community are helping others. This seems to chug along
without maintainers being present. Hence, why do maintainers' votes matter
more here?

Question for the mentors.. Jakob?

-s