Re: [VOTE] Replace with Gitter with Slack?

Some good points.

always the official record and Google indexes it well, so that any previous
discussions on the mailing lists are available to future generations. I
originally started this thread with the thought of having everyone on the
mailing list, but then I heard that people need some sort of near real-time
support in an try-fail-ask iterative fashion --  something that is not met
by the async nature of mailing lists. This might be for more people setting
up Airflow for the first time and hitting some stumbling blocks. We don't
want walled gardens for sure, but there seems to be a legitimate ask for
near real-time collaboration, so the discussion now is just Gitter vs
Slack. Slack does require registering, all be it pretty light-weight, but
offers a nice desktop client.

@Bolke de Bruin <bdbruin@xxxxxxxxx> I'm concerned about the disruption to
the existing community as well. I'm hoping the vote here reveals that
concern in numbers. Also, why can't we shutdown the Gitter channel? At the
least, we can stop pointing to it.