Re: Retiring Airflow Gitter?

Right..

Slack has awesome desktop & mobile clients. Creating an account on Slack is
very lightweight, and I don't see that being a major hurdle IMHO, though
Gitter accepts 3rd party auth (e.g. GitHub, etc....).

It turns out that https://the-asf.slack.com/ already exists and has a
channel called #airflow. If we do use this and if at some point the ASF
decides to upgrade the workspace to a standard account, we would benefit.
The negative is that the 10K message retention limit is on the entire
workspace, not the channel.

I'll submit an Apache-style VOTE on this matter and let the community
decide.

I do hope that whatever the community decides doesn't turn off engagement.
-s