Re: Retiring Airflow Gitter?

When we first entered the incubator ~2.5 years ago and we were considering
Gitter (Slack was not an option back then), Jakob Homan (our mentor)
mentioned that the the ASF mailing lists were really the place where things
needed to be documented. We killed our google group and GH issues and moved
into the mailing lists and Jira. We tried Gitter to give people a chance to
get instant answers, though as I mentioned at the top of this thread, it
had a lot of issues.

I'm glad to hear that the community is gaining some benefit from a
collaborative instant messaging solution, though it does appear from this
thread that the community wants to move to Slack. As a 4-year user of
Slack, I agree Slack is a pretty awesome platform, but I've mostly used
paid versions at my employers. Once I get some guidance on how to set it up
within Apache guidelines, if the ASF has any thoughts on the matter, I'll
proceed to transition. Having 2 parallel solutions will be confusing IMHO.
-s