[GitHub] xnuinside opened a new pull request #3690: [AIRFLOW-2845] Remove asserts from the contrib package
xnuinside opened a new pull request #3690: [AIRFLOW-2845] Remove asserts from the contrib package
Make sure you have checked _all_ steps below.
- [ ] My PR addresses the following [AIRFLOW-2845](https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/AIRFLOW/issues/AIRFLOW-2845) issues and references them in the PR title. For example, "\[AIRFLOW-XXX\] My Airflow PR"
- In case you are fixing a typo in the documentation you can prepend your commit with \[AIRFLOW-XXX\], code changes always need a Jira issue.
- [ ] Here are some details about my PR, including screenshots of any UI changes:
`asserts` is used in Airflow contrib package code . And from point of view for which purposes asserts are really is, it's not correct.
If we look at documentation we could find information what asserts is debug tool: https://docs.python.org/3/reference/simple_stmts.html#the-assert-statement and also it is could be disabled globally by default.
So, I just want to change debug asserts to ValueError and TypeError.
- [ ] My PR adds the following unit tests __OR__ does not need testing for this extremely good reason:
It's covered by existing tests. No new features or important changes.
- [ ] My commits all reference Jira issues in their subject lines, and I have squashed multiple commits if they address the same issue. In addition, my commits follow the guidelines from "[How to write a good git commit message](http://chris.beams.io/posts/git-commit/)":
1. Subject is separated from body by a blank line
1. Subject is limited to 50 characters (not including Jira issue reference)
1. Subject does not end with a period
1. Subject uses the imperative mood ("add", not "adding")
1. Body wraps at 72 characters
1. Body explains "what" and "why", not "how"
- [ ] In case of new functionality, my PR adds documentation that describes how to use it.
- When adding new operators/hooks/sensors, the autoclass documentation generation needs to be added.
### Code Quality
- [ ] Passes `git diff upstream/master -u -- "*.py" | flake8 --diff`
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.
For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
Apache Git Services