Re: Kerberos and Airflow

You mentioned you would like to make sure that the DAG (and its tasks) runs in a confined set of settings. Ie.
A given set of connections at submission time not at run time. So here we can make use of the fact that both the scheduler
and the worker parse the DAG.

Firstly, when scheduler evaluates a DAG it can add an integrity check (hash) for each task. The executor can encrypt the
metadata with this hash ensuring that the structure of the DAG remained the same. It means that the task is only
able to decrypt the metadata when it is able to calculate the same hash.

Similarly, if the scheduler parses a DAG for the first time it can register the hashes for the tasks. It can then verify these hashes
at runtime to ensure the structure of the tasks have stayed the same. In the manifest (which could even in the DAG or
part of the DAG definition) we could specify which fields would be used for hash calculation. We could even specify
static hashes. This would give flexibility as to what freedom the users have in the auto-generated DAGS.

Something like that?

B.