variables export

Hi,

When exporting variables, it looks like the export helper serialize to JSON
with JSON type, so an float is a float in the resulting file.

But then when importing from this file, there is no type convertion and
this step in the set_val method (class Variable) fails:

self._val = fernet.encrypt(bytes(value, 'utf-8')).decode()

With "encoding without a string argument"

A simple fix would be to:

self._val = fernet.encrypt(bytes(str(value), 'utf-8')).decode()

Are you aware of this issue ?

I am not sure what is the behaviour without encryption, I suppose
SQLAlchemy will do the type conversion to persist it as string.

Thanks,
Emmanuel

--

GetYourGuide AG