Re: Airflow - High Availability and Scale Up vs Scale Out

Let us know after trying the beefy box approach about your findings.

On 08/06/2018, 12:24, "Sam Sen" <sxs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

    We are facing this now. We have tried the celeryexecutor and it adds more
    moving parts. While we have no thrown out this idea, we are going to give
    one big beefy box a try.

    To handle the HA side of things, we are putting the server in an
    auto-scaling group (we use AWS) with a min and Max of 1 server. We deploy
    from an AMI that has airflow baked in and we point the DB config to an RDS
    using service discovery (consul).

    As for the dag code, we can either bake it into the AMI as well or install
    it on bootup. We haven't decided what to do for this but either way, we
    realize it could take a few minutes to fully recover in the event of a
    catastrophe.

    The other option is to have a standby server if using celery isn't ideal.
    With that, I have tried using Hashicorp nomad to handle the services. In my
    limited trial, it did what we wanted but we need more time to test.