Re: Query Regarding Number Of Retries In Apache Airflow

I have seen two cases where the try_number can be greater than max_tries

1. Tasks inside A SubDag: If the SubDagOperator has a retry mentioned then
the tasks inside the SubDag will be tried for
number_of_retries_of_subdag * number_of_retries_of_task

2. Manual Retries: If you manually retry a task I think the try number will
be
greater than the max_retries.

--
Sreenath S Kamath