Re: Artemis 2.5.0 - cluster with UDP multicast descovery - connection problem

you're using UDP discovery on the client. I would check the
Broadcaster on the servers.

Do you really need UDP on the client though? it's usually easier to
connect to a node and get the topology from that node. Say (DNS).

but if you must use UDP, check your configuration. perhaps the
broadcaster is sending an IP the client cannot understand.

On Mon, Jun 4, 2018 at 1:10 PM, Vdlutah <vshanshein@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I’ve configured Artemis2.5.0  cluster of two nodes with dynamic discovery
> using UDP multicast (for load balancing)
> I am using simple JMS client based on example from Artemis distribution. It
> just sends messages to the queue.
> On client side I configured jndi.properties as
>
> java.naming.factory.initial=org.apache.activemq.artemis.jndi.ActiveMQInitialContextFactory
> connectionFactory.ConnectionFactory=udp://231.7.7.7:9876
> queue.queue/EventQueue=EventQueue
>
> When I run the client  Artemis works as expected distributing messages for 2
> nodes.
> But in about 30% of all case application does not run and I get exception
>
> Exception in thread "main" javax.jms.JMSException: Failed to create session
> factory
>         at
> org.apache.activemq.artemis.jms.client.ActiveMQConnectionFactory.createConnectionInternal(ActiveMQConnectionFactory.java:815)
>         at
> org.apache.activemq.artemis.jms.client.ActiveMQConnectionFactory.createConnection(ActiveMQConnectionFactory.java:277)
>         at
> org.apache.activemq.artemis.jms.client.ActiveMQConnectionFactory.createConnection(ActiveMQConnectionFactory.java:272)
>         at
> org.apache.activemq.artemis.jms.example.ScheduledMessageExample.main(ScheduledMessageExample.java:117)
> Caused by: ActiveMQNotConnectedException[errorType=NOT_CONNECTED
> message=AMQ119007: Cannot connect to server(s). Tried with all available
> servers.]
>         at
> org.apache.activemq.artemis.core.client.impl.ServerLocatorImpl.createSessionFactory(ServerLocatorImpl.java:799)
>         at
> org.apache.activemq.artemis.jms.client.ActiveMQConnectionFactory.createConnectionInternal(ActiveMQConnectionFactory.java:813)
>         ... 3 more
>
> What could be the problem?
>
> Thanks
>

> --