ActiveMQ & OSGI Startup

Hello,

I've got a small project which has an OSGI bundle deployed on Karaf. It uses
the latest ActiveMQ feature. The issue is that my bundle is starting up
before the Broker has fully started.

Is there a clean way to tell the bundle to wait until the broker has fully
initialised to start receiving connections. I don't want to rely on start
levels as they are not reliable. I've also tried basic things like a loop
that catches exceptions until it finally connects, but that doesn't feel
very clean and I thought I'd ask if there is a better way to handle this?

All I want is for my bundle to wait until ActiveMQ is up and running. is
there a better way to handle this that what I've already suggested?

Thanks,
Stephen