Re: [Discuss] ActiveMQ CPP Client

On 12/7/18 12:48 PM, Jamie G. wrote:
Is that 3.10.x branch possibly local to your environment?

I'm not seeing it on my pull...

Ah, yes, never pushed, so should be good to go then on new branch

On Fri, Dec 7, 2018 at 1:52 PM Timothy Bish <tabish121@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 12/7/18 12:01 PM, Jamie G. wrote:
Thank you for the additional background information.

So creating a 3.10.x branch off of current 3.9.x branch, than merging
fixes/features to that branch would be acceptable?
I checked and there already is a 3.10.x branch which I must have been
intending to switch to at some point.  You might be best to just drop
that branch and recut from current 3.9.x as that would be the best
starting point for patches.  Once moved you might also want to check if
moving the supported APR lib versions up wasn't also a good idea given
the time between releases.

I think there is some other work you might need to do which is that on
quite a few distros now the cppunit stuff won't build because they've
removed the package configuration script and gone to PKG configs so you
might want to test on more than one distro and or version # (I recall
some reports of problems on Fedora releases after 25 or 26)

Also if you aren't testing on Windows you should build there and test as
well because that will often show you issues that need addressing before
release.  Given the age of the code I'd be surprised if there weren't
some build and test issues that needed addressing.

Once a collection of patches have been applied to the 3.10.x, is there
a release process that out lines how to get this published?

http://activemq.apache.org/cms/creating-distributions.html seems to be
pre-github.

Cheers,
Jamie