Re: TextMessage.getText returning null

Try turning the broker and client logging up to trace and see what the
logging shows for the message content.

Also, try the following:
- Same test with a Java producer (using plain ActiveMQ libs) instead of the
Scala producer
- Same test with a Java consumer (using plain ActiveMQ libs) instead of a
Scala consumer
- Use the "tcp" transport instead of the "nio" transport

Anyway, the goal I would say is to trace the problem to the point of
hand-off between the broker and client.  For example, the following
questions come to mind (for the problematic messages):
- Is the broker receiving the body over the wire (i.e. tcp connection)?
- Is the broker sending the body over the wire?
- Is the client library receiving the body from the application?
- Is the client library sending the body to the application?

Hope this helps.

Art